Likuni Boys' Secondary School was originally opened as a Teacher Training College in 1927. It was turned into secondary school in 1959 and handed to Marist Brothers. The Marist Brothers compensated the closure of Likuni TTC by opening a new Teacher Training College as St. Johns TTC in Lilongwe. They surrendered the school to the Catholic Diocese of Lilongwe (now Lilongwe Archdiocese), later.
The White Fathers Missionary opened the school in 1959. The White Fathers were running both Likuni Parish and the school. This arrangement, however, did not augur well with Parish activities, as a result, they invited Marist Brothers Administration and eventually handed over the running and administration of the school to them.